Thursday, June 5, 2008

Does anyone else ever get the feeling that they are hopeless at just about everything they do? I have that feeing tonight. A disastrous dinner, bath, bed routine has left me feeling like the worst mother alive. I am back at work tomorrow, and that is a place where I definitely don't feel anything like a superhero. I have failed in my quest to lose any weight - if anything I am eating more!

I am about to give up my career to stay at home with my children, and that is something I want more than anything else - despite the massive changes and adjustments I know it will involve. But nights like tonight make me wonder whether it is something they want????? Would they prefer not to have me around if I seem to inspire such chaos?????????

2 comments:

Cecily said...

No. They definitely want you. They want as much of you as you can give. And they need it too. Don't be discouraged. Breathe easy and think "I'm building a relationship with my children." It's long term, and it will be good. And heck, who needs a bath every night anyway? chill out and watch a vid together snuggling up until they go to sleep or play chasings past bedtime. Look into mindful parenting. You'll reap the rewards.

PaisleyJade said...

I definately know that feeling! hang in there - go for baths every second night I reckon when things get rough - they'll survive! Even though they may take you for granted, I am sure you are a stable and solid strength in their life.