Saturday, January 23, 2010

I'm back

Well, its been over a year - much, much over a year - and how things have changed. Two children are now three, work (outside the home) is no more, and even beyond these obvious changes my life has changed in many, many ways.

I have wanted to resurrect this blog for some time now - I am finding that now that I am at home full time I often want to download a little, and have more good stuff to share! I am still an avid reader of several regular blogs, and am always on the lookout for new ones, so want to get amongst it again. It seems like so much to update on so I'll just give the basics and then pick up where I left off as it were.

I left work in April 2009 to stay at home full time - this has been a good decision in every way except financial. We are okay financially, but I would be lying if I said we didn't miss my income. However, in EVERY other way it has been the best thing I have done, or we have done. My friendships have expanded, my community involvement and awareness have expanded, I am now more involved in church life, and I know my kids better. And, a scary thought I have been having lately is that if I had not left work and had just taken mat leave, I would be heading back to work in 2 weeks!

The other big thing is the arrival of baby number 3 - a beautiful little girl - on August 15. Having the opportunity to be at home with her and to know that there is no mat leave end date looming has been such a great experience that I never had with each of the boys. I love it. Having said that, being at home with the three of them is certainly a challenge.

Anyway, its good to be back.

No comments: