Sunday, December 30, 2007

Haven't blogged for a while, so Merry Christmas to all!

Several reasons for lack of blogging - end of year work being busy, horrible things happening at work which monopolised my attention and that I can't really write about, and getting ready for Christmas.

It struck me during the frenzied last week before Christmas when I was up late most nights doing handmade Christmas cards with photos of the boys, handmade calendars for both grandmothers, a photo book I put together, laminated etc for the boys, etc, etc, that I may not be doing all of these things for the most noble of reasons. Giving it some thought I wondered whether I was doing the cards for the benefit of those who will receive them, the calendars for the grandmas and the book for the boys - yes, of course I was. But there was another reason - I was doing it to prove something to myself, or rather to address one of my own insecurities - I was doing it to prove (to myself alone I'm sure, as I'm quite certain that no one else gives it much thought really!) that I can work and still be the 'mum'. Yes, I may dress up in a suit 3 days a weeks and play with the big boys (or attempt to) in the concrete jungle,but I can still make my own Christmas cards, make my own calendars and put together handmade gifts for my boys - I can also leap tall piles of washing in a single bound, clean like a machine, and cook up a storm such that my children never (heaven forbid!) eat from a jar.

As I said, not the most noble of reasons. I wonder if I'm the only one????

Anyway, I digress. Am currently relaxing in the Hunter Valley in a house on the vineyards for 5 nights with my family - Mum, Dad, sister, brother-in-law and nephew who is about the same age as Action Man. Its lovely - although the house that was advertised on the internet as 'luxury accommodation' was described as such VERY loosely! We spent the previous 5 nights in Hubby's home town over Christmas, which was also nice, made much more pleasant by the fact that I had negotiated earlier in the year that we stayed "off site" rather than with the m-i-l. Much needed relief for all!

Have had several ideas/thoughts for future posts over the time that we have been away and thought that I would list them here so that I remember them, as I often have these ideas, then get in front of the computer and promptly forget about them!

List is as follows:

- "One of the best things I have ever done"
- Another baby?
- The family farm

And now I have forgotten the rest again!!!!!

No comments: