Thursday, January 10, 2008

'Remedial' Pump

Last night was the second in my two free 'try before you buy' visits to local gyms. The class last night was called 'BodyFit', which, from my long ago gym days looks to me like it could be the new and funky name for 'Pump' - using barbels with little weights to focus on toning etc.

I enjoyed it a lot, am hurting quite comfortably today, and will probably join this gym.

A funny anecdote though - I was asked to stay behind after class by the instructor (I note I was the ONLY one asked to stay behind)! She spotted me with a look of great agony on my face during the 'tricep curls' and enquired as to why I looked so pained. I pointed out that it was really hurting - but not in my triceps! Further investigation was obviously needed - or maybe I was just a lost cause.

Later we worked out that I was holding the barbel incorrectly - who knew there were special ways to hold a barbel? - so hopefully this will fix the non-tricep related pain when I attempt my next set of tricep curls.

The most amusing (and embarrassing?) part of it all was the look on Hubby's face when i arrived home a little late than I had indicated I would be and explained my lateness as being due to having to have 'remedial' Pump lessons. I guess the only way is up from here!

1 comment:

Kris said...

I hope it isn't the gym to which I donated six months of fees with only one visit! Sounds like it's a little more personal. Hope it goes well! :)