Monday, October 15, 2007

I am a mummy - a relatively new one, so it is very much my defining role in life - who am I kidding, it probably always will be. I have two boys - Action Man (22 months) and Flipper (almost 9 months). Yes - they are 13 months apart, and yes, we fell for the "breastfeeding is a 98% effective contraceptive" - I know, I know - silly! As I said to the midwife discharging Flipper and I from hospital after his birth when she quoted the above statistic to us "Meet Mr 2%"! But anyway, I digress ..... I do that a lot these days.

I am a mummy - but not a particularly "yummy" one - who has the time and where do they find it?????? My eyebrows, legs etc are way overdue for a wax, my hair is overdue for a cut and colour, my underwear has all gone grey in the wash (who has the time or energy to separate????) I am a fairly significant number of kilos heavier than I was pre-Action Man (and I was never really a slim girl anyway) and my days of wearing a clean outfit, makeup and properly done hair - all at the same time - are a thing of the past.

But, would I change it? Never. My boys are my life - even though they have changed my life, and me, into someone I sometimes no longer recognise - but like better than who I was before they came along.

Why this blog? I'm not sure - I have read blogs of some of my friends and enjoy them. But, I find that I often tend to drift off into random thought a lot these days - a blogger friend calls it SCRADD - Small Child Related Attention Deficit Disorder - and I tend to agree. In these random wanderings I think things I would like to write down - if only to help me process them. Not sure whether anyone will read this blog - I can't imagine it being terribly interesting - but hope that I can enjoy posting to it.

No comments: