Monday, October 29, 2007

A night away

On Saturday night Hubby and I went to our nanny's wedding. It was a lovely night - a Christian wedding, and as she and her husband are Indonesian it had quite a different cultural element too. Grandma and Gaga (Action Man's name for my dad which has now stuck and is used by the whole family!) came down and stayed for the night to babysit and we stayed at a hotel for the night. It was lovely. Not that we didn't miss the Boys and weren't anxious to get home to them on Sunday morning, but, I am a big believer in quiet and alone time for parents contributing to the life of our relationship and the stability of our family. We don't get the option to go out alone that much as we have no family in Sydney (apart from my sister who has her own little one!) so it is a real treat when we get it. Feeling very lucky and energised by my little time away.

2 comments:

Megan said...

a night away......................ahhhhh.

Kris said...

I'm glad you had a break time. It's so nice to be a couple again, even just for a night, isn't it?