Sunday, October 21, 2007

Moments to remember from our weekend

Some lovely moments from a lovely weekend -

- being presented with a gift by Hubby and the Boys at 5.30am Saturday (wake up time in our house at the moment!) - it was a bottle of my favourite perfume which I bought especially for our wedding and have worn ever since. I lost my previous bottle by leaving it in the caravan we were staying in in country NSW when Hubby's father passed away in June, and have not got around to replacing it - I don't get to the shops often with two under two's in tow! It was a very special, unexpected and thoughtful gift.

- taking the Boys to the park yesterday and smelling the scents of Spring in the air - jasmine and wisteria etc - beautiful. Such a reminder of the beauty of Creation and how important it is to stop and notice once in a while.

- taking a nap while the Boys had their sleep yesterday - instead of tackling the monstrous pile of ironing and washing, the baking I had intended to do, cleaning the bathroom or doing the work I had brought home with me. It was bliss!

- watching Action Man play with our fruit bowl - it is his current obsession - taking the fruit out of the bowl and naming and counting each type with such pride and excitement. Today, when the bowl was empty he stood in it, announced that it was his 'shower' and proceeded to turn on the taps and shampoo his hair. How wonderful is the imagination of children - we see a fruit bowl, he sees a shower ....

- and finally, taking the Boys out for noodles for dinner and watching Flipper have a go at his first flat noodle.

A great weekend all in all, and full of moments to remember.

Bring on the week - I'm ready for it!

No comments: