Friday, November 9, 2007

Ideal weather

I love rain - or I used to love it before I had children. With two under twos - and particularly an energetic 23 month old - rainy days are a challenge, and we struggle for ways - any ways! - to get out of the house during the day. This sometimes leads to disastrous trips to the shops such as that undertaken yesterday - but no need to rehash that particular debacle here!

But, I can still love rain at night. For most of this week, and particularly the last 2 nights, I have gone to sleep to the sound of rain on the roof and woken during the night to hear it again. I lvoe that.

It struck me at about 3am when I was drifting back off to sleep to the sound of the rain that for me, the ideal weather pattern would be sunny days and rain every night. Who do I need to apply to to make this happen?

2 comments:

Prue said...

I've got a friend who works for the Bureau of Meteorology... will that help?!

Kris said...

I completely agree. Long bouts of rainy weather make me wish I lived near one of those indoor play centres. Became so desperate last week we went to McDonalds for the undercover playground!