Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Where has my cuddy baby gone?

Flipper has always been a cuddly baby. He has been happy to sit and be held, taked to, sang to, and generally cuddled. Action Man - as the name implies! - was never really cuddly. He was always on the move. I would sit at Mothers Group get togethers while the other babies sat on their mum's laps and cuddled while my little fellow struggled and kicked to be allowed to be on the floor moving about and investigating. In the last 6 months or so he has embraced the cuddle - pardon the dodgy pun! - and will often ask for a "mummy cuddle" which I love - but he is definitely a busy little fellow and HATES with a passion having to sit still for any length of time.

As I said though, in contrast, Flipper has been a cuddler. That is, until now. I was always guaranteed a litte cuddle before bed after his evening feed but now he just wants to be off and following his favourite person in the world - his brother - around the bedroom floor.

Lovely to see him developing his own will and personality, but I miss the cuddles .....

No comments: